Mt Rainier

Mt Rainier
View From Paradise Visitor Center

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sept. in Review

Well I do not know where all the time has gone it is now Nov. and I am updating Sept. The month of Sept started with a trip to Ogden, Utah. Christine and I loaded the "Little Lady" we had boxes and stuff to take to Mandee and Michechell who are permanent residents of Ogden. As well we took belongings to Holli who is living with her grandma Child for a time.

We arrived in Ogden early Saturday afternoon and participated in a wedding shower hosted by Michelle for Mandee who was to be married in Oct. I say was to be married as that event has came on gone as well. It was fun to see Mandee's mouth full of gum as she did not answer many questions correct. I guess her and Cameron have a little communicating to do. After many years of marriage I may not be able to answer the same questions about Chris, maybe we have a little communicating to do as well.

After a good nights rest we (Chris and her parents continued our trip to Colorado to spend a few days with Greg and check out his temporary home. I really love Colorado and enjoyed our sightseeing. We visited Delta, Ouray, Silverton, and Telluride.

The highlights of the trip were the city of Ouray and I loved the documentary on the San Juan Mountains. This area is blessed with more 14,000 peak mountains then any other location in the US. For me the final highlight of this little city was the 1-on-1 visit with Greg. We re-treated to the hot tub which was on the banks of the river it was dark, cool and raining where we sat in the warm water and then talked about life and goals. It was great until we had to get out and make our way back to the Cabin brrr.

The next morning we took a drive to Silverton over the million dollar highway, wow what a drive some of the most spectacular scenery to behold. Silverton was fun we arrived as did the old steam engine, we spent some time taking pictures and visiting before our return trip on the $1,000,000.00 highway. A much easier return drive as I was on the mountain side of the road and not the drop-off side of the road. Going to Silverton I decided that my half of the road was coming out of the middle. I was much more generous on our return trip and stayed on my correct half of the road.

Telluride was a little disappointing, I guess I am not a yuppie. I do not all of the trendy stores and don,t ski. The drive and company was great the town I can probably do without visiting again in the future. Maybe it was the film festival that brought way too many people out that way.

The Next day Greg was back to the classroom and George, Elona, Chris and I decided no trip to Delta would be complete without visiting the Black canyon.





So a side trip was made on the way back to Salt Lake area. I love the Gunnison river and Black Canyon it is spectacular and humbling to see what creations have been made for our enjoyment.

We returned to Ogden and spent a few days helping Michelle with her house, painting, window work, and crown molding. See Michelle's blog for the final views it was a good job and fun to help her a little. Chris and I returned home via the beaten path through Idaho and Oregon.

Nothing of any major effort took place in Sept, we worked and prepared for the early Oct. Wedding. All was safe and the excitement grew for the day that we would enter the Temple with Cameron and Mandee to have them start their eternal family.

I guess I should mention that toward the end of the month my Aunt and I did a little match making and Michelle was introduced to a reportedly nice young man. I guess we will have to wait and see if she and he are compatible and where things will take us.

No comments: